The 61,249 sq ft art deco-style building was designed by Harry Fairhurst and Son and built in 1927. The landmark building is located on a 1.56 acre site, on Trafford Road in Salford, close to MediaCityUK, the Lowry Outlet Mall and Lowry Theatre.

The £8 million project comprises the refurbishment of the historic, white Grade II listed Salford Quays Dock Office Building to form a total of 67 new apartments including a new steel framed, glass encased structure constructed at roof level to form new duplex apartments.

The work comprised the design, construction and completion of 53nr new apartments within the existing building envelope and 14nr new apartments constructed on the existing building roof, including external works, car parking and drainage works.